Note this cage is only compatible with GoPro 3 camera in it's naked state or with the original version of splash housing.
GoPro changed the latch on the Hero 3 splash housing in September 2013. The image below shows the change to the latch. This version of the Genus GoPro cage is not compatible with the later version of latch.
Please study the image carefully before ordering.
Now available with optional ND.09 filter
Click here to see the recommended system for Hero 3+
This cage only works for GoPro Hero 3+, for GoPro Hero 3, please click here.
In this package, you can use GoPro Hero 3+ in its splash housing or in naked state. The Genus Cage for GoPro Hero 3+ enable you to use the Genus Cage with your GoPro 3+ with splash housing, keeping your GoPro Hero 3+ in position at all times.
This package included:
|Genus Cage for GoPro Hero 3+|
Remember to get a 52mm to 82mm step-up ring for your favorite filter.
The GoPro camera has enabled you the possibilities of shooting anything and anywhere. Now, with the Genus GoPro cage, your camera can get closer to the action than ever before. Mounting a GoPro Hero 3 camera has never been easier. The need to handle the toughest situations has driven us to design the strongest and most versatile GoPro camera housing in the world. Our new GoPro cage is the first product in the new line of Genus GoPro camera accessories.No Returns on Clearance items,Items are Final Sale.
Optional ND.09 Filter
The Genustech ND0.9 filter reduces light by 3 stops.
This is advantageous with GoPro cameras as it tricks the camera into using a lower shutter speed.
Lower shutter speed reduces "Jello" effects common in GoPro camera footage due , to the camera's rolling shutter, high shutter speed and vibration. Vibration from propellers is a common problem in quadcopter and drone filming .
Reduced shutter speed also increases motion blur which will make your GoPro look more cinematic.
The filter is 52mm in diameter so it easily screws into the 52mm threaded lens port on the Genus GoPro cage.
To buy 52mm ND0.9 filter with GoPro cage, select it in drop down menu next to price.
Optional Filter Step Rings
For filter sizes other than 52mm Genus makes a series of 52mm filter step ringsGenus GoPro Cage by Genustech from Genustech on Vimeo.
Español Idioma del vídeo Spanish Language Video
Genus GoPro Cage by Genustech from Genustech on Vimeo.
- GoPro Mount adaptor allows 14 different mounting positions.
- 30 separate accessory mounting positions using ¼”-20 threaded holes.
- 6 separate 3/8"-16 threaded holes.
- 52mm Filter Thread built into the cage, allowing for protective and effects filters, and lens adaptors.
- Precision CNC Aluminum housing for 360 degree protection, featuring back plate with rear mounting option.
- Accessibility Window to allow for HDMI output and USB external Power
- Naked GoPro Adaptor Shims, allowing the use of camera without the waterproof housing in order to combat lens fogging issues.
- Safety line anchor point, to allow for attachment of lanyards, Carabiners etc.
- Can sit the GoPro camera flat on a surface whilst in the waterproof housing.
- Mounting position for the cage allows the camera lens to be centred optically with a tripod or other camera mount.
When using Go Pro Hero 3+ with its housing, the long screw on the side is not required, but you have to mount the back cover with 3 pieces of silicon inserts on.